Our Location & Things To Do in the Area
Dorset is one of the most rural Counties with rolling hills, chalk downlands with the ancient Ridgeway Path where you can walk for miles and see wildlife and rare butterflies.
There is the magnificent Jurassic Coastline you can discover when you walk along the South West Coastal Path and you can also explore the beaches for fossils.
From Fox Crossing it is just a 10 minute walk to the beach at Bowleaze Cove, or the pebbly beach at Overcombe, from there you can walk into Weymouth along the beach wall taking in the fantastic views of the Dorset Coast.
You can take a short stroll to the ancient and quaint village of Sutton Poyntz with its attractive willow lined duck pond and have some refreshment at the Springhead Pub which has views of the chalk carving of the White Horse.
There are 2 other pubs within walking distance to the B&B, the Bridge Inn and the Spice Ship both of which serve meals.
Other amenities in the village of Preston are wine shop/deli, spar shop with post office, co-op supermarket, fish and chip shops, pharmacy, hairdressers and Drs. surgery.
You can also take the bus into Weymouth. The Jurassic coast bus allows you to enjoy some of the most spectacular views of the Dorset Coastline.
Dorset is an area of outstanding natural beauty and there are some incredible things to do and see in Dorset.
Here are a few things you can see and do near Fox Crossing B&B:
- Visit Portland Bill the famous lighthouse
- Climb up the ancient ruins of Corfe Castle
- Ride on the Swanage Steam Heritage Railway
- Discover Lulworth Cove, Lulworth Castle and Durdle Door
- See the Swans at Abbotsbury Swannery, wander around Abbotsbury Sub Tropical Gardens and take afternoon tea in the tea rooms
- Take a day out to West Bay, Bridport and Lyme Regis and go hunting for fossils and see where the popular TV series Broadchurch was filmed.
- Explore Thomas Hardy Country and visit the birthplace of Thomas Hardy
- Visit the beautiful historic village of Cerne Abbas with its ancient chalk carving of the Cerne Giant
- Book a Jurassic Safari tour and go off the beaten track and explore Dorsets secret beauty
- Lawrence of Arabia's Cottage, Clouds Hill, (National Trust)
- Other activities close by are Paragliding, Wind surfing, Snorkelling, Sailing, Fishing, Golf and Horse Riding
Why not treat yourself to a memorable stay at Fox Crossing bed and breakfast in Dorset.
Fox Crossing 175 Preston Road, Weymouth, Dorset, DT3 6BG
Phone: 01305 834 050 | Mobile: 07594 499 308 | Email: email@example.com